KEVIN AND JANE’S KITCHEN
Our thanks to Connie of Kilsyth for this recipe, which she says makes the best meatloaf you’ll ever taste.
Connie’s Magnificent Meatloaf with Special Sauce
This recipe has been a hit with Connie and her circle of friends for a number of years – she says the sauce is the secret to making this the best meatloaf she’s ever tasted.
Ingredients for meatloaf:
500gm sausage mince
500gm mince steak
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup milk
½ cup water
Ingredients for sauce:
½ cup water
½ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup brown sugar
• Combine sausage mince, mince steak, bread crumbs, onion, curry powder, salt and pepper, parsley and egg in a large bowl.
• Using clean hands, slowly add milk and water. Mix together well
• Shape mixture into a loaf, then place into a greased baking dish.
• Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
• While meatloaf is baking, prepare the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
• After meatloaf has been baking for 30 minutes, remove it from the oven.
• Carefully pour off any surplus fat.
• Pour sauce over the meatloaf, return to oven and bake for a further 45 minutes, basting as necessary to keep the meatloaf moist on the outside.
CLICK HERE to print this recipe