- What happened to the humble TV?
- In defence of MYKI
- The Tail of a Little Dog
- I love trains...
- Did you have a funny old Christmas?
- More of Ric's Blogs!
- Ric's Blog: More choice, more $$$?
- Ric's Blog: Besieged by communication
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peter Taylor on What happened to the humble TV? Ric, Just as the era of compact discs promised "never bnefore heard sound quality", so too does - purportedly - HDTV. But I ... more
- Mark on What happened to the humble TV? The Love Boat is actually on Eleven in SD. So I don't know what you're complaining about. more
- John on In defence of MYKI MYKI won me over and so I've registered via the Internet. more
- John on The Tail of a Little Dog Animal stories (blogs) n comments I like thank you ric, like selection of music too more
- Brian Grieef on What happened to the humble TV? G'day Ric,in our case we have three analogue TVs, lounge,kitchen/dining and bedroom, but the most important one is the ... more
- Rod Harvey on What happened to the humble TV? Oh, so true!And what do I often resort to? Turning off the telly and switching on the radio so I don't have to be distracted ... more
- Vince, Ruby & Brenda on The Tail of a Little Dog Well Ric, at last we see Taco, she is beautiful. Obviously she has taken your heart, but who am I to talk, what has Ruby ... more
- Vince on In defence of MYKI Hi Rick, (Ditch), if it's MYKI, how come you are using it, Ruby and I would like it back. Anyway, Ditch, it's a seniors ... more
- June Arnott on In defence of MYKI Myki is fine until you come up against the cumbersome rules & regs that go with it.My auto top up failed because my old ... more
- allan on In defence of MYKI There's supposed to be an on-line compensation form for MYKI march entitlement, and I can't find it? all I can find is a ... more
- Les on In defence of MYKI Ric,I understand the Metcard system, it is easy to use and it has been reliable. Why change something simply because the ... more
- Helen on In defence of MYKI Dear Ric, I find that you've got interesting comments all round. There are pros and cons with everthing that you do. There ... more
- Terry Norton on In defence of MYKI I see 3 major problems with MYKI.The first is, why should you have to pay good money to buy a card, simply to then be ... more
- cheryl Garofalo on In defence of MYKI I don't use public transport all that much but I find myki easy to use. I used to use the smart system in Perth, so found ... more
- Elaine on In defence of MYKI Hi Ric, Your comment on MYKI is an interesting one. What we don't get told is that in the case of my son he doesn't have a ... more
- Norma Beattie on The Tail of a Little Dog Rick love your story, we have two jack russels, yes and the first one we rescued sleeps on our bed, her spot only, but we ... more
- John Zissis on The Tail of a Little Dog I like outdoor cats. Dogs ok but can't see the attraction either? more
- Marje on The Tail of a Little Dog My best mate, a Rottie/Great Dane/Mastiff cross weighing in at 67kg was put to sleep last year and I miss him so! Yes, he ... more
- lillian stephenson on The Tail of a Little Dog How lucky we are to have these pets in our lives,my little man sleeps on the bed also he is the last friend I say goodnight ... more
- Gary Mitchell on Blog: Ric's take on insurance We had a claim on our Contents Insurance worth close to $200,00 which the insurance company paid up but when Our policy came ... more
The Tail of a Little Dog
It goes without saying... some people love animals. Others can’t understand the attraction.
But let me tell you the tale of a little dog. A special little girl who has become such a huge part of my life - I can hardly believe it myself.
About three years ago, maybe a little less my eldest daughter's then-boyfriend gave her a little puppy which she named “Taco”. A darling little Chihuahua - Jack Russell cross. She was as cute as a button (and about the same size) but when Katie brought her home to live with me, she spent the first week running around my legs, barking and snapping at my ankles! I wasn’t entirely certain that I wanted this creature in my life much less my home... In fact, to be honest, I wanted her gone!
Strangely enough at the very same time our dear old cat “Clovis” became ill and needed to be put to sleep. There was a huge gap in our lives! We badly needed a pet. So I gave in… and Taco could stay.
The deal was that she was katies dog and could live with her down her end of the house!! Yeah sure !!
Well guess what happened next?? Katie fell in “love” with a new boyfriend who happened to live in Brisbane. So off she went (just about everyone you talk to has a similar story). Taco needed a new owner... Enter Muggins!
Well that’s when my life changed. Taco and her new Dad became the best of mates. We walk together. Talk together. Watch TV together. Play hide and seek together... add yes... she sleeps on my bed! (Katie started that bad habit so what could I do?)
The twist? Katie is coming home to live with Dad for a while (to save some money of course) but guess what?
She ain’t getting her dog back. Taco has already made up her mind... she loves her Daddy!
Here’s a photo of her for your scrapbook.
Tell me about your pet story.
Whether you're driving home, picking up the kids, or being busy around the house, Ric is always great company with his friendly, upbeat personality. Good music too, with news, weather and regular traffic reports.
Animal stories (blogs) n comments I like thank you ric, like selection of music tooJohn Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 3:12 AM
Well Ric, at last we see Taco, she is beautiful. Obviously she has taken your heart, but who am I to talk, what has Ruby done to my heart, she own's it. I must sned you a photo of Ruby. Cheers, Vince, Ruby & BrendaVince, Ruby & Brenda Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 11:02 PM
Rick love your story, we have two jack russels, yes and the first one we rescued sleeps on our bed, her spot only, but we love them both and would'nt be without them.Norma Beattie Monday 12 March, 2012 - 2:23 PM
I like outdoor cats. Dogs ok but can't see the attraction either?John Zissis Monday 5 March, 2012 - 6:00 AM
My best mate, a Rottie/Great Dane/Mastiff cross weighing in at 67kg was put to sleep last year and I miss him so! Yes, he slept on my (our) bed, too, just ask my husband! Especially during thunder storms. No point in having a dog if he is chained up outside! Can't be a mate, can't protect you or your property, can't get to know you. Love unconditionally, both ways!Marje Tuesday 28 February, 2012 - 8:25 PM
How lucky we are to have these pets in our lives,my little man sleeps on the bed also he is the last friend I say goodnight to and the first to greet me in the morning,unconditional love at it's best.lillian stephenson Tuesday 28 February, 2012 - 8:49 AM