- Community Calendar
- It's Dagwood Dog Time!
- What's on in Winter?
- Peter Ponders Manners
- “The Moving Van” is gathering momentum!
- The Moving Van!
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack Karitsis on “The Moving Van” is gathering momentum! Hello, love listening to your nightly show! Especially the top 40 classics. Was interested in obtaining a list of the top ... more
- Mike Howely on Peter Ponders Manners G'day Peter. Yes, manners are just as impotant as ever - your Dad was right. Lovely as always to hear you & the great music. ... more
- Rhonda on Peter Ponders Manners Dear Peter, I always enjoy the music and the comments you make. Ihope you have settled in well.Best wishesRhonda. more
- Carol Cain on Peter Ponders Manners Peter,Manners/respect are fast diminishing. To the young and at times not so young they don't mean a thing. Many times I ... more
- margie on The Moving Van! Peter great to hear you back on air.How did the move go all unpack yet?? take careMargie more
- Gary Mitchell on The Moving Van! About shifting house. One four letter word for you. DON'T. UI haVE MADE UP MY MIND THAT THIS IS THE LAST TIME i AM MOVING SO ... more
- Marion Waters on The Moving Van! Hi peter, I jhave moved house more times than I like to remember. The first thing I do is go around to stores and ask them ... more
- margie on The Moving Van! Been there, be brave when it comes to sorting and packing.Have a give away box to local op shop a throw way box and a ... more
- Janet Wailes on The Moving Van! Hi Peter,Sounds like you've made a good start by roping in ..... errrrr .... getting your son to help. The next move is to ... more
- Cheryl Donald on The Moving Van! Peter, the best hint that I could give is to label every box with the contents and to pack a box with kettle, tea, coffee ... more
- Mrs Lynette Allen on The Moving Van! Dear Peter,I enjoy listening to Magic 1278 n yr choice of music. About shifting house - Start at the very beginning -a very ... more
What's on in Winter?
Vanny’s July Blog
Hello as a Melbournian I enjoy winter because one can always keep Warm with a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee and a sandwich.
I enjoy our beautiful city with its numerous gorgeous gardens - have you taken a walk through the Fitzroy Gardens lately?
I did it recently and I can recommend it even on a brisk Melbourne winter’s day.
Despite the plants and flowers being in hibernation the lawns stretch like a massive green carpet and if you some nice warm clothes with a scarf and beanie it’s really quite invigorating.
And then there is Cook’s cottage and it’s a living reminder of Captain James Cook the man who charted almost the entire eastern coastline of Australia.
The one aspect of the cute little cottage I find intriguing is how small the doorways are! And I guess that proves that we humans have got bigger in the past 200 years.
Tell me your favourite winter pastime.
Nothing but hits for three hours, every weeknight from 7-10pm. Re-live the Classic Top 40 era of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s and from 10pm to midnight, turn the lights down low and relax with some of the smoothest music ever recorded. A great way to wind down at the end of another busy day.