- Community Calendar
- It's Dagwood Dog Time!
- What's on in Winter?
- Peter Ponders Manners
- “The Moving Van” is gathering momentum!
- The Moving Van!
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack Karitsis on “The Moving Van” is gathering momentum! Hello, love listening to your nightly show! Especially the top 40 classics. Was interested in obtaining a list of the top ... more
- Mike Howely on Peter Ponders Manners G'day Peter. Yes, manners are just as impotant as ever - your Dad was right. Lovely as always to hear you & the great music. ... more
- Rhonda on Peter Ponders Manners Dear Peter, I always enjoy the music and the comments you make. Ihope you have settled in well.Best wishesRhonda. more
- Carol Cain on Peter Ponders Manners Peter,Manners/respect are fast diminishing. To the young and at times not so young they don't mean a thing. Many times I ... more
- margie on The Moving Van! Peter great to hear you back on air.How did the move go all unpack yet?? take careMargie more
- Gary Mitchell on The Moving Van! About shifting house. One four letter word for you. DON'T. UI haVE MADE UP MY MIND THAT THIS IS THE LAST TIME i AM MOVING SO ... more
- Marion Waters on The Moving Van! Hi peter, I jhave moved house more times than I like to remember. The first thing I do is go around to stores and ask them ... more
- margie on The Moving Van! Been there, be brave when it comes to sorting and packing.Have a give away box to local op shop a throw way box and a ... more
- Janet Wailes on The Moving Van! Hi Peter,Sounds like you've made a good start by roping in ..... errrrr .... getting your son to help. The next move is to ... more
- Cheryl Donald on The Moving Van! Peter, the best hint that I could give is to label every box with the contents and to pack a box with kettle, tea, coffee ... more
- Mrs Lynette Allen on The Moving Van! Dear Peter,I enjoy listening to Magic 1278 n yr choice of music. About shifting house - Start at the very beginning -a very ... more
The Moving Van!
Hi this is Peter Van and I’m about to become “The Moving Van”!
I am moving house after 30 years. Have you moved house recently? Boy, exciting and in my case a house full of stress!
My Son Scott is going to help out his Dad so many things to sort out and don’t tell anybody (it’s just our secret).
I haven’t begun to pack yet... Help... Where do I Start!!!!
Nothing but hits for three hours, every weeknight from 7-10pm. Re-live the Classic Top 40 era of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s and from 10pm to midnight, turn the lights down low and relax with some of the smoothest music ever recorded. A great way to wind down at the end of another busy day.
Peter great to hear you back on air.
How did the move go all unpack yet?? take care
Margiemargie Thursday 8 March, 2012 - 12:21 PM
About shifting house. One four letter word for you. DON'T. UI haVE MADE UP MY MIND THAT THIS IS THE LAST TIME i AM MOVING SO NOW IT'S UP TO MY lANDLORD AND HE WANTED A LONG TERM TENANT SO HOPEFULLY FOR ME THAT'S WHAT HE WILL STICK TO.Gary Mitchell Tuesday 21 February, 2012 - 7:43 PM
Hi peter, I jhave moved house more times than I like to remember. The first thing I do is go around to stores and ask them about boxes that they are throwing out, They are usually great packing boxes and you don't have the expense of buying crates etc. The stores are usually really happy to have them moved. I was just think if you haven't moved for 30 years the first thing is to sort out what you really can do without and haven't used for YEARS and start packing things that could go to op shops or have a garage sale. It is amazing what is trash to you is treasure to someone else.
Good luck Peter in your new house,
Cheers, marionMarion Waters Saturday 14 January, 2012 - 8:12 AM
Been there, be brave when it comes to sorting and packing.
Have a give away box to local op shop a throw way box and a keeping box.
Believe me its not easy but you will surprise yourself.
Best wishes and enjoy your new phase in your life
Margiemargie Monday 9 January, 2012 - 5:54 PM
Sounds like you've made a good start by roping in ..... errrrr .... getting your son to help. The next move is to see if there's any crystal, silver or chinaware that I may want and from then on it's up to you. LOL.
I've moved house about 20 times (I think I must be part gypsy) so I'm pretty good at it. I'm sure you will be, too. If you need a hand, just give me a call!
JanetJanet Wailes Friday 6 January, 2012 - 11:20 PM
Peter, the best hint that I could give is to label every box with the contents and to pack a box with kettle, tea, coffee and biscuits. Good luck!Cheryl Donald Friday 6 January, 2012 - 6:53 PM