- History Hit - March 7
- Quick Quiz - January 28
- Wacky Facts - January 28
- Quick Quiz - January 29
- Reigning Cats and Dogs winner
- Wacky Facts - January 24
- Quick Quiz - January 24
- Wacky Facts - January 23
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Frances Dingle on Downtown Abbey is back! Oh what a splendid time we had .Thank you magic for looking after us so well. more
- David on Downtown Abbey is back! I m so glad everyone who won tickets to Downton Abbey, at the Rivoli Cinema, had a terrific time.What a prize to win, and ... more
- Vivienne O'Callaghan on Downtown Abbey is back! Thank You, Thank You, what a night.You made a lot of people very happy last night with the viewing of Downton Abbey.My ... more
- Sandra Foenander on Downtown Abbey is back! Thanks Magic for a magical viewing of Downton Abbey last night (13th Feb). I felt so lucky to have won tickets to the ... more
- val skeen on Downtown Abbey is back! Congrats to all who won tickets for screening of news series of Downton Abbey, what a fantastic show, looking forward to ... more
- JENNI CULLEN on Downtown Abbey is back! Just won 2 tickets to Downton Abbey Season 4 screening.Must dust off the tiara! more
- jeanne on Downtown Abbey is back! Downton Abbey my favourite show superb acting/ brilliant actors cant wait for season4 more
- glenyse boland on Downtown Abbey is back! Fantastic drama,Maggie Smith is brilliant. more
- Shirley Sole on Downtown Abbey is back! Thank-you this was really interesting to watch. I just L-O-V-E the program and can't wait for the next episode. more
- Ozzie on Bears Over There Where can I buy these bears because the given link (bearsoverthere.com.au) no longer is available and I would really like to ... more
- Maria Simmons on Reigning Cats and Dogs winner I was absolutely chuffed when I got the call from Jane Holmes to say that my little girl Trudy was this weeks Reigning Cats ... more
- Daisy Hawkins on Reigning Cats and Dogs winner Well done Laddy & Aunty Di from all your Facebook furriends in the UK, we finks you is very handsome kitty and send lots of ... more
- Vancat Onlion on Reigning Cats and Dogs winner Congratulations Aladdin and Mum. If this is a beauty contest then, it makes purrfect sense that you won.Lubv alwaysVan. more
- Diane Lo Nigro on Reigning Cats and Dogs winner Thank you so very much for posting my Aladdin as Reigning Cats and Dogs winner for the week. I am so delighted to have him ... more
- Melbourne Tall Ships 2013 on The Tall Ships are here! Here's a great tall ship directory of many Class A vessels that participated in the 2013 Race - like Christian Radich, ... more
- Wendy Ferguson on Guess the Magic Secret Sound! I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a Happy & Safe New Year I love your show I turn on the computer when i ... more
- Barbara Hawker on Guess the Magic Secret Sound! Absolutely love 1278, listen every day, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Kevin and Jane, Peter, Rick Ditchburn, and all ... more
- Dianne Coyle on Heeeeere's Don! l miss Don Lane. He and Bert made great tv together.There just aren't the great teams on Aussie tv like these guys ... more
- lesley Serong on Kevin and Jane Meet Andre Rieu Meet uyou both on train trip to Bendigo2 odd years ago saw the Grace Kelly collection more
- Robyn Thompson on Kenny and Dolly together again What great news of the two best ever country singers back together after 30 years with Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers with a ... more
Ward’s Perfect Pancakes!
Ward says, “How’s this for a classic staple? The whole motto is Keep it Simple: just flour, milk, eggs and sugar – it doesn’t come any easier and everyone will be asking for more!”
Ward fervently shared his secret recipe with Kevin and Jane. Listen to their interview here.
(for 8 pancakes cooked separately in a 10 inch frypan)
2 cups self raising flour (you can include a couple of tablespoons of wholemeal flour if you want to add a bit of fibre!)
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to be added to the milk)
1 tablespoon raw sugar (it’s nice when it becomes caramelized on the outside of the pancake)
Sprinkle of icing sugar to garnish
Jam as preferred to serve
Whisk the flour, eggs, milk and oil in a 1 litre drink container until almost smooth. Leave mixture to sit for 10 minutes, then re-whisk.
Heat a fry pan without oil. When you think it’s hot enough, put a drop of water on the surface, and if it “dances”, you’ve got it right!
Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan, then sprinkle on some sugar and pour the mix on top.
Wait until bubbles form on the mix (about 2 minutes), then flip. Make sure not to let the pan get too hot.
Place pancake on a plate and add a line of your favourite jam. Fill with vanilla ice cream and roll – not too tight!
Add a thick layer of whipped cream on top, plus a teaspoon of sprinkled icing sugar… and ENJOY!
Well Ward, we are down to the final days now, so happy for you & the family on your next journey in life, but I will miss you not only in the mornings, but in the early hours of the morning when I can't sleep. I must say I am one of many who wonder when do you catch up on sleep..lol..Didn't agree with your taste in movies, but you are very unique, you care for your listeners which is so rare in radio these days, but definately not on Magic, all are wonderful presenters who care for their listeners. take care Ward will miss you good luck xoxoxoLeanne Difalco Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 9:47 PM
Like Christine, I often wonder when you sleep Ward.I have beeen listening to you for so long,I will miss you heaps. I love your fun and amazing facts and all the chit chat you pass on.Val Lawrance Sunday 17 July, 2011 - 4:06 PM
I have been listening to Magic for a few years to you, Ric and Peter in the wee hours of the morning when I cannot sleep. I also listen to you you during the day, and often wonder when you sleep. I will miss listening to you and the temptation to get up and have a coffee! I wish you all the best for your very long retirement and with good health and happiness.
May God Bless you, your wife Jan and the family of all daughters, your dog and the motorbike!
ChristineChristine Monday 4 July, 2011 - 10:13 AM
Love Wards voice. Always cheerful but not over the top.
I am a bit wary of the films Ward says are GREAT.
At least he warns us sometime by giving the classification.
I would NEVER watch an R rated movie. You may see "the artistic value" in one Ward but thats your choice. Enough hurt and evil in this world without watching it as entertainment.Marie Thursday 5 May, 2011 - 10:45 AM
Thanx for the pancake recipe it was yummo..
Cheers x x kazza x xkarole Saturday 26 March, 2011 - 10:33 PM