- Bobby Skilton's tips round 9
- Quick Quiz - May 24
- Wacky Facts - May 24
- Quick Quiz - May 23
- Wacky Facts - May 23
- Quick Quiz - May 23
- A Very Tall Story
- Quick Quiz - May 22
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Barb Richards on Bobby Skilton's Footy tips - Round 6 To Our DEARST BOB, Give him our LOVE as he battles with his health. I love hearing his tips, Barb Richards more
- Pam Di Pietro on Quick Quiz - April 9 Just would like to thank you for my "lovely" voucher this morning. I was so nervous, I can't remember whether I thanked you ... more
- kathi on Elvis Lives! Just watched the Elvis impersonator and the hair stood up on the back of my neck - it was Elvis and I do hope he tours out ... more
- Judy Nicoll on Elvis Lives! SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!!! more
- Heather on Elvis Lives! I have just watched many clips of Ben Portsmouth (over 2hrs)and I agree so very much with you both that he is the BEST Elvis ... more
- barbara on Elvis Lives! I thought the Elvis impersonation was fantastic also I tuned into the He's my brother recording too, another wonderful show. ... more
- Carol wilkinson on Elvis Lives! Hope you both had a wonderful Easter. You ldeserve it for all the fun,,laughs and music you bring to us each weekday.You ... more
- Dianne Brown on Elvis Lives! Absolutely brilliant ! We were lucky enough to see another Elvis impersonator, Simon Patrick, when we visited the UK in ... more
- KARL TURNBULL on Elvis Lives! Kevin & Jane,Another good you tube to watch is Alan Jackson singing Where were you When the World Stopped Turning.The best ... more
- KARL TURNBULL on Elvis Lives! Kevin & JaneAs long as we have entertainers like Ben Portsmouth Elvis will never die. He is the best impersonator of Elvis ... more
- judy guest on Elvis Lives! Wow I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes!!! more
- David on Elvis Lives! The eyes! The voice! The act! Simply brilliant. The best Elvis impersonator I have ever heard or seen. more
- val on Elvis Lives! Just watched your recommended utube video of Elvis - wow Elvis has been re-incarnated. more
- Susan Davies on Elvis Lives! You are so right, Kevin and Jane. Ben Portsmouth has channelled The King. He has his every move, gesture and facial ... more
- Laurel on Elvis Lives! That is freaky - too much like the real thing more
- Glenda on Elvis Lives! OMG gave me goose bumps more
- Antoinette Giambattista on Elvis Lives! That's amazing almost looks sounds and moves like the real elvis ..... So glad that there re people out there wanting to ... more
- Heather on Elvis Lives! Amazing. I heard you play this earlier today and couldn't wait to watch it. He is 'Elvis'. more
- carmen on The 30-second dance video which cost 15 ... that stinks what have they done wrong its a classic,give them back there job SNOBS more
- Barb on Quick Quiz - March 7 Hi Kevin and Jane, As you have a competion with a GP prize. I thought you may be able to use a little known fact in you ... more
Ward’s Perfect Pancakes!
Ward says, “How’s this for a classic staple? The whole motto is Keep it Simple: just flour, milk, eggs and sugar – it doesn’t come any easier and everyone will be asking for more!”
Ward fervently shared his secret recipe with Kevin and Jane. Listen to their interview here.
(for 8 pancakes cooked separately in a 10 inch frypan)
2 cups self raising flour (you can include a couple of tablespoons of wholemeal flour if you want to add a bit of fibre!)
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to be added to the milk)
1 tablespoon raw sugar (it’s nice when it becomes caramelized on the outside of the pancake)
Sprinkle of icing sugar to garnish
Jam as preferred to serve
Whisk the flour, eggs, milk and oil in a 1 litre drink container until almost smooth. Leave mixture to sit for 10 minutes, then re-whisk.
Heat a fry pan without oil. When you think it’s hot enough, put a drop of water on the surface, and if it “dances”, you’ve got it right!
Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan, then sprinkle on some sugar and pour the mix on top.
Wait until bubbles form on the mix (about 2 minutes), then flip. Make sure not to let the pan get too hot.
Place pancake on a plate and add a line of your favourite jam. Fill with vanilla ice cream and roll – not too tight!
Add a thick layer of whipped cream on top, plus a teaspoon of sprinkled icing sugar… and ENJOY!
Well Ward, we are down to the final days now, so happy for you & the family on your next journey in life, but I will miss you not only in the mornings, but in the early hours of the morning when I can't sleep. I must say I am one of many who wonder when do you catch up on sleep..lol..Didn't agree with your taste in movies, but you are very unique, you care for your listeners which is so rare in radio these days, but definately not on Magic, all are wonderful presenters who care for their listeners. take care Ward will miss you good luck xoxoxoLeanne Difalco Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 9:47 PM
Like Christine, I often wonder when you sleep Ward.I have beeen listening to you for so long,I will miss you heaps. I love your fun and amazing facts and all the chit chat you pass on.Val Lawrance Sunday 17 July, 2011 - 4:06 PM
I have been listening to Magic for a few years to you, Ric and Peter in the wee hours of the morning when I cannot sleep. I also listen to you you during the day, and often wonder when you sleep. I will miss listening to you and the temptation to get up and have a coffee! I wish you all the best for your very long retirement and with good health and happiness.
May God Bless you, your wife Jan and the family of all daughters, your dog and the motorbike!
ChristineChristine Monday 4 July, 2011 - 10:13 AM
Love Wards voice. Always cheerful but not over the top.
I am a bit wary of the films Ward says are GREAT.
At least he warns us sometime by giving the classification.
I would NEVER watch an R rated movie. You may see "the artistic value" in one Ward but thats your choice. Enough hurt and evil in this world without watching it as entertainment.Marie Thursday 5 May, 2011 - 10:45 AM
Thanx for the pancake recipe it was yummo..
Cheers x x kazza x xkarole Saturday 26 March, 2011 - 10:33 PM