- History Hit
- Bobby Skilton's Tips - Round 17
- Wacky Facts
- Quick Quiz
- Memorable Moment
- History Hit
- Quick Quiz
- Wacky Facts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Chandler on Memorable Moment Kristofferson version is a million times better. You feel like you are walking in his steps. No offence Johnny. more
- Eddie Hcakett on You Raise Me Up what a brilliant song sung by a great singer more
- Lynette on Homemade Treats for Cats and Dogs How about a treat for cats?Our pussy is so fussy he won't eat anything one day and the next day he loves it. And vice versa more
- Steve on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl could have gone to see him at Festival Hall . Thought the tickets cost too much $6 ... Big mistake more
- Greg Harding on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl I saw Roy Orbison when he came to Australia way back in 1973-ish. He played in Darwin, and I was one of the many Police who ... more
- Merrilyn Millen on Guess the Magic Secret Sound! Hi-Is there clues for the recent secret sound or is there somewhere to look up on the internet of who has tried guessing it ... more
- Carol on You Raise Me Up Beautiful Song sung by a Beautiful Man , Lovely in every way , xxx more
- lnes on You Raise Me Up Daniel O,Donnells version of You Raise Me Up,is so moving and true to life, that it gives me goose bumps all over, more
- Stan Miller on You Raise Me Up Quite a pleasant rendition, but I prefer Aled Jones' Version more
- Kate on You Raise Me Up A lovely rendition of a beautiful song ~ perfect choice for Mother's Day. more
- Doreen Weinman on You Raise Me Up You Raise Me Up fantastic choice of song for Mother's Day. Always listen to Magic 1278. My mother passed away 5/1/09 and ... more
- Alan Day on Quick Quiz - May 7 The Victoria Police uniform is salute blue not black. Been on nightshift so I didn't here if anyone notified you.Keep up the ... more
- Steve Campbell on Wacky Facts - May 7 Spoke on air with Kevin about this, and to be fair to Kevin, now I have seen the photo, of course the answer is twice a day ... more
- val skeen on You Raise Me Up Great to have our favourite Irish singer on Magic u tube. went to his recent concert in Melbourne and was lucky enough to ... more
- Monica Smith on You Raise Me Up 1278 is the very best radio station. it is on every day in our household, we don't even consider putting any other station ... more
- Anne Banks on You Raise Me Up I absolutely love this song.However I have to admit I really prefer the' Westlife' version although Daniel O'Donnell has a ... more
- Carmel Mullen on You Raise Me Up Thank you so much for this beautiful song. It was great to hear it again. more
- Graham Price on You Raise Me Up Very pleasant, but prefer Martin Hurkens, the new "star" from the Netherlands. A far more potent and emotive voice. ... more
- Frances Dingle on Downtown Abbey is back! Oh what a splendid time we had .Thank you magic for looking after us so well. more
- David on Downtown Abbey is back! I m so glad everyone who won tickets to Downton Abbey, at the Rivoli Cinema, had a terrific time.What a prize to win, and ... more
Ward’s Perfect Pancakes!
Ward says, “How’s this for a classic staple? The whole motto is Keep it Simple: just flour, milk, eggs and sugar – it doesn’t come any easier and everyone will be asking for more!”
Ward fervently shared his secret recipe with Kevin and Jane. Listen to their interview here.
(for 8 pancakes cooked separately in a 10 inch frypan)
2 cups self raising flour (you can include a couple of tablespoons of wholemeal flour if you want to add a bit of fibre!)
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to be added to the milk)
1 tablespoon raw sugar (it’s nice when it becomes caramelized on the outside of the pancake)
Sprinkle of icing sugar to garnish
Jam as preferred to serve
Whisk the flour, eggs, milk and oil in a 1 litre drink container until almost smooth. Leave mixture to sit for 10 minutes, then re-whisk.
Heat a fry pan without oil. When you think it’s hot enough, put a drop of water on the surface, and if it “dances”, you’ve got it right!
Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan, then sprinkle on some sugar and pour the mix on top.
Wait until bubbles form on the mix (about 2 minutes), then flip. Make sure not to let the pan get too hot.
Place pancake on a plate and add a line of your favourite jam. Fill with vanilla ice cream and roll – not too tight!
Add a thick layer of whipped cream on top, plus a teaspoon of sprinkled icing sugar… and ENJOY!
Well Ward, we are down to the final days now, so happy for you & the family on your next journey in life, but I will miss you not only in the mornings, but in the early hours of the morning when I can't sleep. I must say I am one of many who wonder when do you catch up on sleep..lol..Didn't agree with your taste in movies, but you are very unique, you care for your listeners which is so rare in radio these days, but definately not on Magic, all are wonderful presenters who care for their listeners. take care Ward will miss you good luck xoxoxoLeanne Difalco Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 9:47 PM
Like Christine, I often wonder when you sleep Ward.I have beeen listening to you for so long,I will miss you heaps. I love your fun and amazing facts and all the chit chat you pass on.Val Lawrance Sunday 17 July, 2011 - 4:06 PM
I have been listening to Magic for a few years to you, Ric and Peter in the wee hours of the morning when I cannot sleep. I also listen to you you during the day, and often wonder when you sleep. I will miss listening to you and the temptation to get up and have a coffee! I wish you all the best for your very long retirement and with good health and happiness.
May God Bless you, your wife Jan and the family of all daughters, your dog and the motorbike!
ChristineChristine Monday 4 July, 2011 - 10:13 AM
Love Wards voice. Always cheerful but not over the top.
I am a bit wary of the films Ward says are GREAT.
At least he warns us sometime by giving the classification.
I would NEVER watch an R rated movie. You may see "the artistic value" in one Ward but thats your choice. Enough hurt and evil in this world without watching it as entertainment.Marie Thursday 5 May, 2011 - 10:45 AM
Thanx for the pancake recipe it was yummo..
Cheers x x kazza x xkarole Saturday 26 March, 2011 - 10:33 PM