- Wacky Facts, December 6
- Quick Quiz - December 6
- Wacky Facts, December 5
- Quick Quiz - December 5
- Wacky Facts, November 29
- Quick Quiz, November 29
- Wacky Facts, November 28
- Quick Quiz, November 28
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dianne Coyle on Heeeeere's Don! l miss Don Lane. He and Bert made great tv together.There just aren't the great teams on Aussie tv like these guys ... more
- lesley Serong on Kevin and Jane Meet Andre Rieu Meet uyou both on train trip to Bendigo2 odd years ago saw the Grace Kelly collection more
- Robyn Thompson on Kenny and Dolly together again What great news of the two best ever country singers back together after 30 years with Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers with a ... more
- Carol on Andre Rieu Great entertainer, just love all his enthusiasm, concerts are definitely worth the money. I too was at Eastland yesterday, ... more
- carmelo grima on Andre Rieu Fantastic performance more
- Colin on Andre Rieu This man is fantastic, Tried to get tickets but due to my health couldn't get out to get them more
- Doreen Weinman on Wacky Facts - September 2 love the show. Wake up every morning to Magic more
- Hazel Chubb on Worlds Youngest Elvis Fan How Beautiful is Ella Mae? What a star!!!!!! :) more
- Dianne Coyle on Remembering Eydie What a lovely tribute to the georgeous Eydie Gormay. Farewell Eydie my love. Heaven has gained another bright star. To ... more
- PHIL LEFLAY on Bobby Skilton's tips Round 19 What a weekend of surprises, Bobby, better luck next week, aye!!! more
- Vyn Wills on Community Calendar Berwick Evening VIEW Club's next meeting isn't of the fun type but should be very interesting. We're to learn about dispute ... more
- Vyn Wills on Community Calendar Berwick Evening VIEW Club meet on 3rd Monday of the month at Central Hotel Beaconsfield, with the September meeting booked ... more
- maree on Guess the Magic Secret Sound! I note that Dianne Anderson asked you what the secret sound was that was won between June 11 and June 22, with prize money ... more
- Delia on You'll never walk alone watch this video....good one! more
- Diana on Quick Quiz - July 19 Why are Thursday 18th July Quick Quiz questions posted the same as Friday the 19th July? Both days have the same questions? more
- Stan Miller on Bobby Skilton's Round 14 results I disagree with Heather. I think Truganina is pronounced 'Trug' (rhymes with Tug) ' Neena'.But wasn't she a Tasmanian ... more
- Robin on Wacky Facts - July 10 In Wacky Facts this morning, about coloured jerseys for Tour De France competitors who reached the top of a mountain first, ... more
- Nicky Krstev on Wacky Facts - July 8 Dear Jane and KevinWe love waking up in the morning with your show. All our radios are set on Magic since the program ... more
- Heather Keogh on Bobby Skilton's Round 14 results Could you please please tell Andrea on the traffic report that Truganina is pronounced Truga 9. a not Truganeena more
- Jenny Honeyman on Roy is our Man Love the u tube video of the week with Roy.And just love listening to you guys on magicHave a great day more
Ward, Thanks for the Memories
After 16 years at Magic 1278 and more than 40 continuous years in prime time on Melbourne Radio (which may be a record), Ward Everaardt called it a day on Friday 5 August.
"If you’ve listened to Magic you know me - happy to cruise through the day - talking about little things that happen in my life and just completely stunned and beautifully surprised at the number of email and cards that have arrived every day wishing me well.
How fantastic to know I have touched the lives of so many on air…
Thank you so much for your support over the years."
Warm Regards, Ward
As requested: Ward and Gary's farewell on-air chat
Ward like you've never seen him before!
Video Written/Directed/Produced by Bronja Everaardt. Bronjaeveraardt@hotmail.com
Please send Ward your warm wishes for his retirement below.
MORE ON WARD:
Ward first became excited about radio while working in the same building as 3AW whilst working for Muzak - background music systems (what you hear in lifts and foyers etc). Eager to break into the industry, Ward took the advice of an announcer and joined Clark Sinclair's Radio School.
After getting his foot in the door, Ward began making his mark on radio. His "cultured" voice was just right for 3AK's 'Beautiful Music' format. The format and Ward were made for each other and the 3AK association lasted 10 years with Ward in either the Afternoon or Drive time slot (and usually rating number one).
Ward was soon snapped up by Magic 1278 and has enjoyed the morning shift for a number of years now and it is here that he feels really right at home!
What was your first job?
My first job was reading late night news at BCV 8 Television in Bendigo but I wasn't quite up to scratch and I got my marching orders after three months. However, my demo tape sounded good to 3BO Radio and they put me on air and again I was on my way.
What is your favourite on air moment thus far?
All of them! I've had a wonderful run and at three major radio stations in Melbourne and 1278 The new Magic comes out tops. I appreciate the music I play now more than ever.
What is your most embarrassing on air moment?
At my first job in Melbourne radio at mid-dawn on 3XY, I fell asleep only to be awakened by police banging on the front door and asking "is everything OK?" (I never did it again).
If you could interview anyone (living or dead) who would it be?
Carl Sagan (Astrophysicist) who explained the Universe, and painted vast "mind pictures" in such an understandable and mind-boggling manner. I treasure his Cosmos Series TV Shows.
good luck ward on your retirement were gonna miss your voice on magic , only just found out you ve left have a great life as you gave us all thoes years on radio thankskevin &marg millier Friday 9 December, 2011 - 1:40 PM
Good bye & good luck for the future From Listeners Henry & Mandy Jupp.Henry Jupp & Mandy Jupp Thursday 20 October, 2011 - 8:46 AM
I AM DUMB FOUNDED. WE HAVE BEEN CARAVANING FOR 3 MONTHS.WHEN I SWITCHED ON MAGIC ON OUR RETURN,I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON HOLIDAYS. I HAVE JUST HEARD YOU HAVE RETIRED. ALL YOU WILL BE MISSED,WE WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. RETIREMENT IS A WONDERFUL TIME OF LIFE.sandra clayton Monday 12 September, 2011 - 4:04 PM
Being from WA I've never had the pleasure of hearing Ward, but heard a lot about him. As an avid radio fan I'm aware that 3AK had a brief flirtation from Beautiful Music to a more younger siound - and I wondder if this is Ward playing the "Rocking Father" ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8u8SoPeZ84&feature=relatedFrank Calabrese Saturday 10 September, 2011 - 7:46 AM
Too many compliments too liltte space, thanks!Chelsi Sunday 28 August, 2011 - 5:40 PM
Wait, I cnaont fathom it being so straightforward.Chaas Sunday 28 August, 2011 - 10:00 AM