- Wacky Facts, December 6
- Quick Quiz - December 6
- Wacky Facts, December 5
- Quick Quiz - December 5
- Wacky Facts, November 29
- Quick Quiz, November 29
- Wacky Facts, November 28
- Quick Quiz, November 28
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dianne Coyle on Heeeeere's Don! l miss Don Lane. He and Bert made great tv together.There just aren't the great teams on Aussie tv like these guys ... more
- lesley Serong on Kevin and Jane Meet Andre Rieu Meet uyou both on train trip to Bendigo2 odd years ago saw the Grace Kelly collection more
- Robyn Thompson on Kenny and Dolly together again What great news of the two best ever country singers back together after 30 years with Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers with a ... more
- Carol on Andre Rieu Great entertainer, just love all his enthusiasm, concerts are definitely worth the money. I too was at Eastland yesterday, ... more
- carmelo grima on Andre Rieu Fantastic performance more
- Colin on Andre Rieu This man is fantastic, Tried to get tickets but due to my health couldn't get out to get them more
- Doreen Weinman on Wacky Facts - September 2 love the show. Wake up every morning to Magic more
- Hazel Chubb on Worlds Youngest Elvis Fan How Beautiful is Ella Mae? What a star!!!!!! :) more
- Dianne Coyle on Remembering Eydie What a lovely tribute to the georgeous Eydie Gormay. Farewell Eydie my love. Heaven has gained another bright star. To ... more
- PHIL LEFLAY on Bobby Skilton's tips Round 19 What a weekend of surprises, Bobby, better luck next week, aye!!! more
- Vyn Wills on Community Calendar Berwick Evening VIEW Club's next meeting isn't of the fun type but should be very interesting. We're to learn about dispute ... more
- Vyn Wills on Community Calendar Berwick Evening VIEW Club meet on 3rd Monday of the month at Central Hotel Beaconsfield, with the September meeting booked ... more
- maree on Guess the Magic Secret Sound! I note that Dianne Anderson asked you what the secret sound was that was won between June 11 and June 22, with prize money ... more
- Delia on You'll never walk alone watch this video....good one! more
- Diana on Quick Quiz - July 19 Why are Thursday 18th July Quick Quiz questions posted the same as Friday the 19th July? Both days have the same questions? more
- Stan Miller on Bobby Skilton's Round 14 results I disagree with Heather. I think Truganina is pronounced 'Trug' (rhymes with Tug) ' Neena'.But wasn't she a Tasmanian ... more
- Robin on Wacky Facts - July 10 In Wacky Facts this morning, about coloured jerseys for Tour De France competitors who reached the top of a mountain first, ... more
- Nicky Krstev on Wacky Facts - July 8 Dear Jane and KevinWe love waking up in the morning with your show. All our radios are set on Magic since the program ... more
- Heather Keogh on Bobby Skilton's Round 14 results Could you please please tell Andrea on the traffic report that Truganina is pronounced Truga 9. a not Truganeena more
- Jenny Honeyman on Roy is our Man Love the u tube video of the week with Roy.And just love listening to you guys on magicHave a great day more
Rockin’ Ricky’s Fried Rice
KEVIN AND JANE'S KITCHEN
Thanks to our very own Ric Ditchburn – have fun with Ric every weekday from 2:00pm – 7:00pm on Magic 1278.
Ingredients: (to serve 6)
3 cups Basmati or any good long grain rice
3 cups water
1 small brown onion, cut into quarters
4 – 5 rashers of bacon, chopped
4 – 5 eggs
1 cup frozen peas
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chicken stock *Ric’s secret ingredient!
Peanut oil to fry
Sesame oil if desired
Add rice to boiling water, cook for 8 minutes only (can be done the day before).
Saute quartered brown onion and chopped bacon, set aside.
Cook eggs as an omelette, cut into strips, set aside.
Now fry the cooked rice in a little peanut oil, stirring continuously.
Add onion, bacon & frozen peas, stir. Add beanshoots and some chopped spring onion to taste.
Just before serving add 1 tablespoon of chicken stock dissolved in a little water. Stir through thoroughly.
Add a splash of sesame oil if desired for extra taste. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
Serve and enjoy!!!
When do you add the omelette to Ric's fried rice?Lyn Roberts Friday 22 October, 2010 - 4:11 PM
We love your recipes and hints.
My hint for cooking rice.
Put into cold water and bring to the boil.Turn off heat allow to stand 10mins.
Strain put clean tea-towel over saucepan and leave to
stand.Lovely dry ricegrace wright Saturday 19 June, 2010 - 10:56 AM