- Happy Easter!
- Bobby Skilton’s tips – Round 5
- Wacky Facts - April 17
- Quick Quiz - April 17
- Wacky Facts - April 16
- Quick Quiz - April 16
- Reigning cats and dogs winner - April
- Wacky Facts - April 15
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Berrie on Songs From The Movies - Triple Plays I've thoroughly enjoyed the Songs from the Movies this past week - it has been great listening! I'd now love to hear Songs ... more
- Steven Mapleback on Quick Quiz - March 28 Hi K and J - I won Quick Quiz yesterday and we re still in shock. I'm "in-between" jobs atm. I had justI walked down passage ... more
- michael justin on Beatles Magic! Yes I went to the concert but to this day cant understand why the girls screamed so loud that we could barley hear them ... more
- Damien Quinlan on Beatles Magic! Just wanted to say that every time I go to Festival Hall I stare at the stage and say to myself "wow! The Beatles played ... more
- April Goss on Beatles Magic! My husband was at the Beatles concert, and looking at your clip he said he can hear more on the clip than at the show the ... more
- Doris on Flower and Garden Show Loved talking to Kevin and hand today they are so natural and friendly thank Kevin and Jane more
- Steve Campbell on Quick Quiz - March 25 The thing I love about Magic is you haven't become a "Social Commentator" like most FM stations, I listen to Magic to hear ... more
- Marg Morgan on Bobby Skilton's tips - Round 1 Bob Skilton, your visit to our son with cancer atthe Peter Mac in 2010 uplifted his spirits gave him a bit of strength to ... more
- Helen Freedman on Handy Hints - Kevin and Jane's Kitchen To open a jar with a metal lid easily, run hot water over the lid and hey presto! it is so easy to open more
- Ian Godfrey on Quick Quiz - March 10 Always loved Magic, so much I was going to ask if there was a spare job going. I look like I'm in the right age bracket, but ... more
- Treahna Caruana on Dolly opens up Congratulations to Tineka and Ward on a great interview with the amazing Dolly Parton!A pleasure to watch and enjoy! more
- Joe Marconi on The Magic Ultimate 500 Countdown of the ... You'll Never Walk Alone - number 308. What's going on here? It should be in Top 20.And where are the Rolling Stones in Top ... more
- Ken Tate on The Magic Ultimate 500 Countdown of the ... I would be interested in seeing the number of votes for each song or at least the top 20.It was difficult to choose only one ... more
- gordon carvosso on Dolly opens up I have always admired Ward Everaardt,s wonderfull voice reading the news, So rich and pure.Now I know what he looks like. ... more
- Anne Banks on Memorable Moment He was brilliant and his daughter is definitely following in Dad's footsteps. This recording is brilliant more
- Carmel Mullen on Merry Christmas Thank you for this link it was wonderful more
- Karl Turnbull on A star is born This girl is good and would be even better with a band behind her.Also learn to sing the second verse as well Steph. Go for ... more
- Colin Whaley on The Hollies Went to the Hollies when they came to Melbourne earlier this year and to repeat an old phrase I haven't used for a while ... more
- ornella totino on A star is born It would be wonderful to hear her sing at Carols by Candlelight. What an amazing experience for a beautiful girl. more
- Franca Katsaris on A star is born Love to hear you sing again. Great voice! more
Magic 1278 continues to provide assistance to small and large community groups, by helping publicise their fundraising events, or events of public interest.
Magic 1278 is the only Melbourne commercial station to schedule free announcements for small community groups every hour of every day.
Email email@example.com with your fundraiser.
ENCORE THEATRE COMPANY
Encore Theatre Company, a not for profit group, welcomes you to a fun pantomime. “Dick Whittington and His Cat” at the Clayton Community Centre Theatrette, Cooke St, Clayton. Daytime performances are on Jan 10th, 11th,12th,17th,18th & 19th,twice daily - 11am and 2pm & all tickets are only $10
Bookings at 1300 739 099
SUMMER FIRE SAFETY TALK
Visit National Seniors Greensborough Branch from 10am Tuesday 15th January at Greensborough RSL, 111 Main St.Hear Rachelle MacPherson, from the Country Fire Authority speak on the important topic of “Summer Fire Safety”! Meals at the RSL bistro.Entry is a $3 donation – all over 50’s welcome.Details at www.greensboroughnationalseniors.com.au or from David on 9459 0653
WOOD TURNING EXHIBITION
Peninsula Woodturners Guild welcomes you to a huge exhibition of Wood Turning, Items for Sale and Hands On Demonstrations from Sat 5th to Sun 13th January. Exhibition is at The Briars, Nepean Highway, Mt Martha. Details on 9776 7095
COMBINED PROBUS CLUB
Combined Probus Club - Beaumaris Bay invite you to their next meeting of the Club on Friday 18th January from 10am at the Cheltenham Golf Club, Victor Ave, Cheltenham.You’ll receive more information on the Mooramong Tour!Visitors are welcome and lunch is available after the meeting.Details from Mark on 9583 6264
STAMPS,COINS AND CARDS FAIR
Don’t miss the Stamps, Coins and Cards Fair!It’s open from 9am to 3pm on Saturday 19th January at the Dromana Uniting Church Hall, cnr Point Nepean Rd and McCulloch St, Dromana.You can buy, sell or swap your stamps, coins & cards.Refreshments available with funds raised going to “Food For All”on the Mornington Peninsula.Admission is free! Enquiries with John on 5986 2261
ATTITUDES ART EXHIBITION
Attitudes 10th Annual Art Exhibition is on until the last weekend of January at The Old Mill, Turner Court, Portarlington. Opening hours are from midday to 4pm every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesdays through January.Fine Art will be for sale including oils, acrylics & watercolours.There is a small entry fee while parking is free!“Attitudes” Art Exhibition supports the Fred Hollows Foundation and the National Trust. Details from Susanne on 5259 2630
SAND SCULPTING AUSTRALIA EXHIBITION
Sand Sculpting Australia Exhibition,Under The Sea, is on at Frankston Waterfront, open every day from 10am until 28th April.Twenty-one Sculptors from around the globe have created intricate sculptings of Mermaids, Sea Witches, Whales, Submarines and Sharks! Also you can enjoy workshops, sand art, giant Lego Play Zone and lots of children’s activities plus an enormous Coral Reef.
Tickets from Frankston Information Centre on 1300 322 842 or on their website – visit frankston.com
MELBOURNE TEACHER'S COLLEGE 60TH ANNIVERSARY REUNION
The Melbourne Teacher’s College former students from 1953 are invited to the 60th Anniversary Re-Union on Monday March 4th in 2013. The venue will be Langhams Hotel Southgate. Contact Ron Pickett on 9511 5817.
The 36th Beaumaris Christmas Carols will be presented on Christmas Eve, 24 December from 7.45pm to 9.30pm at the Beaumaris Community Centre, Reserve Road, Beaumaris, compered by Roger Wilson, OAM.
This much-loved annual event includes community Carol singing, performances from the Southern Area Concert Band (conducted by Darryn Wright), the Accent Suzuki Singers (conducted by Katrina Pezzimenti), Geoff Hinde and the MLOC Choir.
Families are invited to bring a picnic to enjoy on the lawns.
The event will re-locate inside the Community Centre if weather is inclement.
Donations will help defray costs of candles and Carol books, with proceeds going to the Christmas Bowl Appeal.
Enquiries: 0418 395 946Cheryl Threadgold Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:53 PM
Essendon High School joins an elite group of Victorian state secondary schools to have provided a century of quality education. Join us in celebrating 100 years of teaching, 100 years of learning, and 100 years of people and their stories.
Meet old friends, remember great times, share memorabilia and be part of this unique milestone in your schoolâ??s history.
Attend one or all of the wonderful events to be held during 2013:
Gala Cocktail Party
Flemington Racecourse, Friday 15th of March, 2013
â??High School, My Schoolâ??,
Clocktower Centre, Moonee Ponds
Friday 22nd & Saturday 23rd of March, 2013
Campus Open Day
Essendon High School, Sunday 24th of March, 2013
Register your interest:
Telephone: (03) 8331 0100
Website: www.ekc.vic.edu.auLisa Nugent Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 1:54 PM