- Selfie Winner
- Wacky Facts - July 28
- Quick Quiz - July 28
- Bobby Skilton's Tips - Round 18 (part 2)
- Christmas in July
- Bobby Skilton's Tips - Round 18 (part 2)
- Quick Quiz - July 25
- Wacky Facts - July 25
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Terry Cox on Fantastic Mr Fox Great scoobi doo swing. Excellent. more
- Zed power on Rockin' Ricky's Pasties Not quite what I thought a "pasty" could be. Though I am not a celery guy, it looks tasty. more
- terri cryans on Grandad Ditchburn Congratulations Ric - Being a grandparent is the best feeling in the world. I am sure Lily will be extremely spoiled by you ... more
- marge on Fantastic Mr Fox This is just lovely. What a fine young gentleman. more
- Marie Nash on Wacky Facts - June 25 I have actually seem one of the storm-proof umbrellas last year in Holland. more
- Heather on Fantastic Mr Fox A beautiful song performed just perfect. I will certainly be getting this cd & look forward to seeing Bobby Fox at Christmas ... more
- Steve on June Carter Ring of fire would have to be one of the best songs ever more
- jeanne on Fantastic Mr Fox great to listen to bobby Fox. such a smooth performer thank you Magic more
- Colin Mcmeekin on Grandad Ditchburn Ric will be the best poppy more
- Colin Mcmeekin on Q & A with Ric Ditchburn Love drive to time with rocking Ric more
- jeanne on Saved From Cat-astrophe so pleased there was a happy end to that story , What a cat he should get a reward more
- jeanne on Saved From Cat-astrophe Thank god the little boy is safe, what a shock for him,, more
- Nisha on Mum’s Lamb Stew with Dumplings Yea that receipe is fantastic thanks Garry,I made it and was very tasty love it my family enjoyed it.it was great.Love to ... more
- Nicole on Anzac Day Very moving brings tears to my eyes thinking of my husband who served in the 2nd world war more
- Marie Demanuele on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl Documentary Love to win it more
- Geoff Grace on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl Documentary I hope Magic 1278 keeps playing Roy for another 25 years. He is a legendary singer.Magic1278 is a legendary music and ... more
- Light horse and field artillery museum on Anzac Day Thank you to all those who fought and who fight for us still. Think of the donkeys ,mules and horses. they did not have a ... more
- Joy Hammer on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl Documentary I love the music 1278 plays, top class more
- Leonie Latcham on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl Documentary Roy Boy is my favorite singer.What an amazing voice he had. Instead of singing Only the Lonely, My friends and family all ... more
- Nola-Anne Simpson on Roy Orbison's Mystery Girl Documentary Love Roy's music, I was in total shock when he passed away. more
5 Facts About Ward
Here are 5 things you may not know about Ward... (7 if you include his love of coffee and movies!) VIEW HERE.
Cannot let a day go by without reading about a very big place - "The Universe" especially the books of Professor Paul Davies - what a roller-coaster ride of the imagination!
Is perhaps too neat and tidy and blames his Dutch background. You know how they love squeaky clean windows!
Back in 2005 Ward finally bought a brand new Volusia motorcycle out of a showroom and spent 2 years adding chrome bits and pieces to make it his own "Classic Cruiser". VIEW HERE.
Has a love of wearing quasi-military gear with cargoes and big pockets couple with flight jackets. He says, at his age he can wear what he wants!
Has a deep love for music including the style of Jean-Michel Jarre and loves driving everybody at home nuts with spacey chords on his own synthesiser blown out of a very big amplifier! VIEW HERE.
Join Ward each weekday morning and Saturday Breakfast for his laid-back show with plenty of music, lifestyle features, news and weather, delivered personally as only Ward can. Or tune in on Sunday night for a fabulous line up of Fifties, Frank and smooth songs.
I remember listening to you when i was in the car with mum 30 odd years ago.Best of luck with what ever you do,might see you on the highway one dayMichael Friday 29 July, 2011 - 3:02 PM
Ward. I hope you have a very happy retirement. I love the magic team and enjoy my days listening to you all and the music. It's a pity we have to retire but thats life. Thank you for all the good times you have shared with us all. Take care step back and enjoy your time with your pancakes, motorbike and family.God bless you mate.tony Thursday 28 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
I am also sad to know that Ward is retiring. I have been a listener to to him since 3AK days. Always loved his comments on buildings as I to have a passion for majestic old buildings. You will be missed.George Kovatch Wednesday 20 July, 2011 - 6:56 AM
Ward, long time no see. I now live in St Leonards where the reception is pretty good for 1278 a lot of water has gone under the bridge since 3AK days when we first met, good to hear you are still doing what you love and we love to listen. All kids doing fine and grown up now have to deal with grandkids. Please come and clean my windows! Ha HaALIDA Monday 30 August, 2010 - 4:24 PM
You are the best announcer on the station as you don't "rabbit on" and insist on giving out the weather forecast like some do..
Keep up the great work !!
Love the music selections..Ria Sunday 22 August, 2010 - 5:37 PM