- Pie for all occasions
- Simon Chilver's Ratatouille
- Fabulous Fish Recipes
- Ham, Glorious Ham!
- Christmas Sweet Treats
- Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans
- Julie Goodwin’s Summer Fruit Punch
- Leila McKinnon’s Vanilla Slice
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trevor Yeo on Kevin and Jane's Kitchen I'm trying to find the chicken recipe mentioned yesterday Feb 21.Please email it to me.Regards more
- Margaret McLeod on Kevin and Jane's Kitchen recipes 4 the 24th Jan tarts & 31st muffins & smoothie more
- Cheryl & Alan Hart on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Jane & Kevin, sending you Christmas greetings and wishing you both the best for 2013. Love your show, it is on every radio ... more
- Judy Lockhart on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Tried Gerald's Bean dish, casserol dish to point of overflowing. Had two pork cutlets, browned in pan with some garlic, ... more
- DIANE RAE on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Geralds receipe doesn't state what size of the cans I notice in a few of the recipes this doesn't happen and it makes the ... more
- global knives on Christmas Eggnog Cheesecake Thanks very interesting blog! more
- Liz Berry on Making life sweet! when are you going to post the muffin recipes that were shared this morning (Thursday 18/10) on your page? Liz more
- John ZISSIS on Super Strawberries Thnx for the recipes. J's salad and dressing looks good, and what's Marsala? I hope it's not plonk! more
- Cathy on Elizabeth Chong’s Dinner for One Love E.Chong's steamed fish recipeWhat an inspiration.Having cooked for others for a long time I love to cook what I like ... more
- Margaret on Championship Fruit Cake We just love listening to your radio station. more
- jackie on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Well Well said the partakers - I made the strawberry salad on the weekend and it was a great success with the crowd. Thanks ... more
- Kevin and Jane's Kitchen on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Hi Peter, We have added a print option for this recipe as requested. Enjoy! Kevin and Jane's Kitchen more
- Kevin and Jane on Viva Italia! Hi Debbie, Thank you for your questions about an upside down meat and fruit dish. Here is a link to the recipe she’s ... more
- Debbie Murphy on Viva Italia! Hi Jane & KevinMy Mum use to love listening to your show and my Dad has confined the tradition.Dad has told me of a recent ... more
- peter on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini great sounding veal.Can I please print? more
- Big Mick of Mt Martha on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Amazed to find a recipe from the queen of eating out. About to try this recipe as Pauline is having a night with the feet ... more
- meg on Spiced Bread and Butter Pudding love your programme, so bright in the morning, love the recipes two, thank you for the morning funbest regards.meg more
- Lovina Lomath on Champion Chicken Recipes The songs played on magic 1278 makes me think of my good old days in India.I enjoy listening to magic 1278 more
- Lesley Buxton on Slow Cookers! Keep the slow cooker and maybe pressure cooking, recipes going.From one Holmes ( maiden name) to another, keep making our ... more
- Bev on What’s for Dinner? Could you please email the chocolate cake recipe of the day from 5 July's programThanksBev more
What’s for Dinner?
KEVIN AND JANE'S KITCHEN:
Try Bruce and Amy’s quick and delicious two course meal!
Bruce and Amy’s Chicken Scallopini
2 whole chicken breasts, flattened and cut into approx. 7cm pieces
100g mushrooms in thin slices
1/3 red onion, chopped
3 fresh tomatoes, seeded, peeled and cut in chunks (or tin diced tomatoes)
Fine strips of red and green capsicum to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine
Flour, salt and pepper to season and coat chicken
• Mix flour, salt and pepper together and coat chicken pieces. Brown chicken in batches in pan. Drain on paper towels.
• Saute onion without browning. Save drippings (if you wish, to add to sauce).
• Saute mushrooms. Add to onions.
• Put layer of chicken in large low bowl or casserole; spoon 1/3 of mixed vegetable over chicken (onion, mushrooms, tomato and pepper mixed together). Repeat.
• Combine onion dripping with dry white wine in pan and heat for a couple of minutes.
• Pour over chicken and vegetables.
• Cook in 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until thoroughly heated and capsicum is cooked.
If you’re pressed for time and you want a quick fix, just get a jar of Chicken Scallopini sauce at the supermarket, add your own fresh chicken, mushrooms and capsicum …and enjoy!
Bruce and Amy’s Banana Cake with Choc Chips
This is great the next day … but try it while it’s still warm for dessert…maybe with icecream or cream!!!
3 ripe, mashed bananas
2 tablespoons butter
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoons milk
¾ cup chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
• Cream butter and sugar together.
• Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
• Pour mixture into a greased tin. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
CLICK HERE to print these recipes
Could you please email the chocolate cake recipe of the day from 5 July's program
BevBev Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 10:31 AM
I have been trying to find the recipes from this mornings show Maids of Honour cakes and Shut up cake, also the Hummingbird cake Can you please helpMarjee Thursday 8 March, 2012 - 3:45 PM
Would like recipe for 2 recipes from this morning. one was a Hummingbird Card the other had jam,almonds, egg whites,missed the rest. Thanking you.Colleen Thursday 8 March, 2012 - 10:51 AM