- Simon Chilver's Ratatouille
- Fabulous Fish Recipes
- Ham, Glorious Ham!
- Christmas Sweet Treats
- Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans
- Julie Goodwin’s Summer Fruit Punch
- Leila McKinnon’s Vanilla Slice
- Magnificent Meatloaf
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trevor Yeo on Kevin and Jane's Kitchen I'm trying to find the chicken recipe mentioned yesterday Feb 21.Please email it to me.Regards more
- Margaret McLeod on Kevin and Jane's Kitchen recipes 4 the 24th Jan tarts & 31st muffins & smoothie more
- Cheryl & Alan Hart on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Jane & Kevin, sending you Christmas greetings and wishing you both the best for 2013. Love your show, it is on every radio ... more
- Judy Lockhart on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Tried Gerald's Bean dish, casserol dish to point of overflowing. Had two pork cutlets, browned in pan with some garlic, ... more
- DIANE RAE on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Geralds receipe doesn't state what size of the cans I notice in a few of the recipes this doesn't happen and it makes the ... more
- global knives on Christmas Eggnog Cheesecake Thanks very interesting blog! more
- Liz Berry on Making life sweet! when are you going to post the muffin recipes that were shared this morning (Thursday 18/10) on your page? Liz more
- John ZISSIS on Super Strawberries Thnx for the recipes. J's salad and dressing looks good, and what's Marsala? I hope it's not plonk! more
- Cathy on Elizabeth Chong’s Dinner for One Love E.Chong's steamed fish recipeWhat an inspiration.Having cooked for others for a long time I love to cook what I like ... more
- Margaret on Championship Fruit Cake We just love listening to your radio station. more
- jackie on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Well Well said the partakers - I made the strawberry salad on the weekend and it was a great success with the crowd. Thanks ... more
- Kevin and Jane's Kitchen on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Hi Peter, We have added a print option for this recipe as requested. Enjoy! Kevin and Jane's Kitchen more
- Kevin and Jane on Viva Italia! Hi Debbie, Thank you for your questions about an upside down meat and fruit dish. Here is a link to the recipe she’s ... more
- Debbie Murphy on Viva Italia! Hi Jane & KevinMy Mum use to love listening to your show and my Dad has confined the tradition.Dad has told me of a recent ... more
- peter on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini great sounding veal.Can I please print? more
- Big Mick of Mt Martha on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Amazed to find a recipe from the queen of eating out. About to try this recipe as Pauline is having a night with the feet ... more
- meg on Spiced Bread and Butter Pudding love your programme, so bright in the morning, love the recipes two, thank you for the morning funbest regards.meg more
- Lovina Lomath on Champion Chicken Recipes The songs played on magic 1278 makes me think of my good old days in India.I enjoy listening to magic 1278 more
- Lesley Buxton on Slow Cookers! Keep the slow cooker and maybe pressure cooking, recipes going.From one Holmes ( maiden name) to another, keep making our ... more
- Bev on What’s for Dinner? Could you please email the chocolate cake recipe of the day from 5 July's programThanksBev more
KEVIN AND JANE'S KITCHEN
You don’t always need meat to light up a meal – try these vegetarian delights.
Brian's Vegetable Slice
2 medium zucchinis grated
1 medium carrot grated
12 button mushrooms finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped (optional)
1 cup tasty cheese grated
1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
• Line an 8inch (200mm x 200mm) square or a 10inch x 6inch (250mm x 150mm) rectangular tin with baking paper. Preheat fan forced oven to 160 degrees C.
• Blend the eggs, flour and olive oil. Add the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Put the mix in the lined tray and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until slice is firm and browned on top. Remove the slice from the tray and cut into 12 pieces.
• Slice can be served hot or cold and goes well with a fresh salad. It can also be frozen for use later.
• If you are not strictly vegetarian, you can add a half cup of bacon pieces to the mixture.
Marie’s Simple Vegie Stir Fry
This is really about using whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand at the time. For example, Marie will chop up onion (into wedges), slice celery, carrots, capsicum and mushrooms, add snow peas (halved or whole), and some sliced cabbage.
• Boil rice, or prepare noodles.
• In your wok or frypan, brown a clove or two of crushed garlic in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, then add the vegies.
• Stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
• Mix together some soy sauce and chilli sauce.
• Stir in to the vegies.
• Serve with rice or noodles.
Carmen’s Broad Bean Omelette
Broad beans (peel off outer layer if you wish)
Spring onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
• Gently fry the broad beans.
• Add spring onions.
• Pour over the eggs, parsley and add salt and pepper.
• Quickly mix and allow to set.
• Serve as an omelette or on toast.
Pearle’s Indian-Style Potatoes
2 - 4 potatoes cut into chunks
¾ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp ground coriander
½ cup finely chopped Spanish onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 green chili, chopped
• Boil potatoes and set aside.
• Using a little oil in a pan, fry the mustard and cumin seeds until fragrant.
• Add onion, cook 1 minute.
• Add garlic, chili, cook 1 minute.
• Add potatoes, turmeric and coriander powder.
• Season with salt if you like.
• Stir ingredients together and cook until potatoes are warmed through.
CLICK HERE to print these recipes