- Pie for all occasions
- Simon Chilver's Ratatouille
- Fabulous Fish Recipes
- Ham, Glorious Ham!
- Christmas Sweet Treats
- Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans
- Julie Goodwin’s Summer Fruit Punch
- Leila McKinnon’s Vanilla Slice
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trevor Yeo on Kevin and Jane's Kitchen I'm trying to find the chicken recipe mentioned yesterday Feb 21.Please email it to me.Regards more
- Margaret McLeod on Kevin and Jane's Kitchen recipes 4 the 24th Jan tarts & 31st muffins & smoothie more
- Cheryl & Alan Hart on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Jane & Kevin, sending you Christmas greetings and wishing you both the best for 2013. Love your show, it is on every radio ... more
- Judy Lockhart on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Tried Gerald's Bean dish, casserol dish to point of overflowing. Had two pork cutlets, browned in pan with some garlic, ... more
- DIANE RAE on Gerald Quigley's Healthy Beans Geralds receipe doesn't state what size of the cans I notice in a few of the recipes this doesn't happen and it makes the ... more
- global knives on Christmas Eggnog Cheesecake Thanks very interesting blog! more
- Liz Berry on Making life sweet! when are you going to post the muffin recipes that were shared this morning (Thursday 18/10) on your page? Liz more
- John ZISSIS on Super Strawberries Thnx for the recipes. J's salad and dressing looks good, and what's Marsala? I hope it's not plonk! more
- Cathy on Elizabeth Chong’s Dinner for One Love E.Chong's steamed fish recipeWhat an inspiration.Having cooked for others for a long time I love to cook what I like ... more
- Margaret on Championship Fruit Cake We just love listening to your radio station. more
- jackie on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Well Well said the partakers - I made the strawberry salad on the weekend and it was a great success with the crowd. Thanks ... more
- Kevin and Jane's Kitchen on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Hi Peter, We have added a print option for this recipe as requested. Enjoy! Kevin and Jane's Kitchen more
- Kevin and Jane on Viva Italia! Hi Debbie, Thank you for your questions about an upside down meat and fruit dish. Here is a link to the recipe she’s ... more
- Debbie Murphy on Viva Italia! Hi Jane & KevinMy Mum use to love listening to your show and my Dad has confined the tradition.Dad has told me of a recent ... more
- peter on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini great sounding veal.Can I please print? more
- Big Mick of Mt Martha on Jane’s Very Simple Veal Scallopini Amazed to find a recipe from the queen of eating out. About to try this recipe as Pauline is having a night with the feet ... more
- meg on Spiced Bread and Butter Pudding love your programme, so bright in the morning, love the recipes two, thank you for the morning funbest regards.meg more
- Lovina Lomath on Champion Chicken Recipes The songs played on magic 1278 makes me think of my good old days in India.I enjoy listening to magic 1278 more
- Lesley Buxton on Slow Cookers! Keep the slow cooker and maybe pressure cooking, recipes going.From one Holmes ( maiden name) to another, keep making our ... more
- Bev on What’s for Dinner? Could you please email the chocolate cake recipe of the day from 5 July's programThanksBev more
KEVIN AND JANE’S KITCHEN
Our thanks to Connie of Kilsyth for this recipe, which she says makes the best meatloaf you’ll ever taste.
Connie’s Magnificent Meatloaf with Special Sauce
This recipe has been a hit with Connie and her circle of friends for a number of years – she says the sauce is the secret to making this the best meatloaf she’s ever tasted.
Ingredients for meatloaf:
500gm sausage mince
500gm mince steak
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup milk
½ cup water
Ingredients for sauce:
½ cup water
½ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup brown sugar
• Combine sausage mince, mince steak, bread crumbs, onion, curry powder, salt and pepper, parsley and egg in a large bowl.
• Using clean hands, slowly add milk and water. Mix together well
• Shape mixture into a loaf, then place into a greased baking dish.
• Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
• While meatloaf is baking, prepare the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
• After meatloaf has been baking for 30 minutes, remove it from the oven.
• Carefully pour off any surplus fat.
• Pour sauce over the meatloaf, return to oven and bake for a further 45 minutes, basting as necessary to keep the meatloaf moist on the outside.
CLICK HERE to print this recipe