What we're talking about
- Sue Dalton on Gerald's Health Index Hi Gerald, could you please tell me the name of the Blackmores product that can help with heel spurs. My mum heard you ... more
- kim lecouteur on Gerald's Health Index dear geald my mum is 72 and she sleeps at agood hour but she wakes up tired every morning so what do you think is her ... more
- Wendy on Gerald's Health Index My teenage son has difficulty getting to sleep at night.As he has exams approaching, what would you recommend for both ... more
- Mario Vinci on Gerald's Health Index Hi Gerald,Thanks for the great advice always given on radio882 (6pr). On Friday Oct 26 you mentioned a great prostate ... more
- Joan Carter on Gerald's Health Index I heard you speak about 'gut' health some time ago and you mentioned the Ski Proactive as well as a simple herbal remedy - ... more
- Carol Muir on Gerald's Health Index Dear Gerald,This morning, 7th June, you talked about a tablet obtained from doctor that helps with sleeping at night. Could ... more
- Jan Bennetts on Gerald's Health Index Dear Gerald.....could you please tell me the name of the shingle cream you mentioned on Mon 4th June...my husband is ... more
- Shirley Hogg on Gerald's Health Index Dear Gerald,Thanh you very much for the information about Therma life cream-it is a miracle! Shirley more
Gerald's Health Index
The easiest way to find Gerald's Health topics.
Simply scroll down to find the topic alphabetically - then click the item you are interested in to read the article and hear Gerald's audio link about the topic.
- Allergies and anti-bacterials
- Allergies - composting with allergies
- A man's diet can affect fertility
- Alzheimer's - activity lowers risk
- Alzheimer's - avoiding
- Aromatherapy makes scents
- Arthritis pain - using spices
- Asthma - Language barrier can hurt elderly asthma patients
- Back packs - too heavy means back pain
- Batteries - a health risk to children
- Be Kind and you will be happy
- Berries might help preserve your memory
- Berries, tea may cut men's odds for Parkinson's
- Belly Fat and your heart
- Best bang for your buck
- Bladder infections - Cranberry Juice helps reduce infections in children
- Blood pressure - can soy help reduce?
- Bone health and exercise
- Blueberries and health
- Boost the body and the brain with strength training
- Brain changes may hamper decision-making in old age
- Brain falters near end of life, but games, puzzles might slow decline
- Breakfast (dangers of skipping breakfast)
- Buyer beware
- Caffeine curbs Parkinson's
- Calcium (too little?)
- Calcium supplements, not all that good for you
- Calories are the culprits
- Cancer carers
- Cancer fighting foods
- Chemicals in cookware lift arthritis risk
- Chocolate lovers weigh less
- Cholesterol cures
- Cholesterol medicine (statins) makes me tired!
- Cocoa and blood pressure
- Cocoa helps brain function
- Coffee can help your heart
- Colon cancer clues - link to fatty diet
- Colonoscopy- a more relaxing alternative
- Common chemical risk 'phthalates'
- COX-2 raises risk of heart attack and stroke
- Cravings - do pictures of junk food cause them?
- Danger of daily diet drinks
- Danger of mobile devices
- Dark chocolate may lower risk of heart disease
- Dementia - Impact of mental decline on health
- Denial and weight gain
- Desk jockeys urged to take small steps to get exercise
- Destined for heart disease
- Develop a firm purpose in life
- DHA and omega-3 and ADHD
- Diabetes and depression
- Diabetics should lift weights before cardio
- Diabetes - walking prevents risk
- Doctor's visits (take a companion)
- Do teachers have healthy eating habits?
- Drink water with meals
- Eating - it's not just what you eat, it's when you eat
- Eat right to protect your vision
- Egg allergy
- Energy drinks eat away at teeth
- Exercise eases cigarette cravings
- Exercise for seniors
- Exercising less than daily still works for diabetics
- Facts about fructose
- Fascinating Herbs
- Fighting disease with healthy habits
- Fit 50 year olds less likely to get chronic disease
- Food for thought?
- Foods' aromas help you lose weight?
- Fruit and vegetables tied to lower Diabetes risk
- Gastrointestinal woes
- Gout and food
- Gout and obesity
- Green Tea - Health benefits
- Gum disease treatment may help reduce diabetics avoid complications
- Heart disease - belly fat
- Heartburn - are drugs safe to use?
- Honey fixes a night-time cough
- Hovering Mums
- Improve your mood and improve your brain
- Inflammation and Heart Disease
- Interpreters in the Emergency Room
- Isn’t it obvious? As we get heavier, knee pain gets worse
- It's nice to be nice
- Laugh and live longer
- Lemons and health
- Lightheadedness linked to heart disease?
- Loneliness link to depression
- Lung health and Vitamin D
- Meals on wheels
- Medical journal publication bias concerns grow
- Medicine Mixups
- Medicine Mishaps - reading generic medicine
- Menopause (ease symptoms)
- Menopause diet and weight loss
- Memory (Multivitamins help prevent memory loss in men)
- Memory (ways of keeping your memory sharp)
- Memory decline in seniors (after hospitalisation)
- Memory lapse
- Mental challenge of surgery
- Men's leg may be new source of hair transplants
- Misuse of prescription medication - dangers
- Multivitamins & energy
- Obesity linked to poorer mental skills in seniors
- Omega-3 curb inflammation
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-3 may lower Alzheimer's
- Omega-3 toed to less cancer-related fatigue
- Optimism might cut your risk of heart attack
- Overeating with your dining companion (Are you?)
- Overeating - why when you are full?
- Paracetamol - is the use in a child really safe?
- Paracetamol - is it safe?
- Paracetamol linked to hayfever in kids
- Paracetamol safety
- Pedometers and walking
- Portion size key to weightloss
- Pot belly boosts risk of cardiac death
- Prostate Cancer ( natural remedies)
- Psoriasis is helped by vigorous exercise
- Salt intake (affect on kid's weight)
- Seniors need their nutrients
- Secrets to a long life
- Shift work hurts health
- Sinus Infections (Anti-biotics)
- Sleep -lack of sleep ageing your brain
- Sleep for your heart
- Sleep- improves children's behaviour
- Sleep and violent TV
- Sleep - can too little kill me?
- Sleep - disruption may cause diabetes
- Sleepy or drunk? What is more dangerous on the road?
- Sleep and vaccines
- Smaller snack portions are just as satisfying
- Smoking and skin cancer
- Smoking - fruits and veggies help smokers quit
- Smoking - menthol cigarettes may pose higher risk
- Social Media - good or bad for kids?
- Sperm may feel the weight of extra pounds
- Spirituality and mental health
- Spice of life - easing arthritis pain
- Stress hurts the heart
- Sweaty Feet
- Sunlight and stroke risk
- Sunshine linked to lower rheumatoid arthritis risk
- Teeth - Healthier in the Stone Age
- Too much sitting can kill you
- Trans-fats - could they make you cranky?
- Varicose Veins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D (benefits for menstrual cramps)
- Vitamin D - can it improve mobility?
- Vitamin D - low levels equal weight gain
- Vitamin D reduces risk of stroke
- Vitamin D - Live longer
- Weight - does it affect testosterone levels in men?
- Weight loss cuts cancer risk
- Weight loss - eating habits
- Weight loss - use of soft music
- When hungry, where do you turn to?
- Women and work stress
Hi Gerald, could you please tell me the name of the Blackmores product that can help with heel spurs. My mum heard you speak about it months ago and she wrote down Blackmores Professional Celloid, (3 tablets morning and 3 night) but not the specific tablet. Thanks for all your advice.Sue Dalton Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 3:02 PM
dear geald my mum is 72 and she sleeps at agood hour but she wakes up tired every morning so what do you think is her problum she is in good haelth exsept of a hiates hornia please write back and give her you ansawer please kimkim lecouteur Monday 5 November, 2012 - 10:16 AM
My teenage son has difficulty getting to sleep at night.As he has exams approaching, what would you recommend for both sleeping and pre exam health?Wendy Sunday 4 November, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Thanks for the great advice always given on radio
882 (6pr). On Friday Oct 26 you mentioned a great prostate product. Would yo please give me the name and brand of this as I was in the truck and unable to write it down. Thank you so much
Kind regards....Mario VinciMario Vinci Monday 29 October, 2012 - 9:20 AM
I heard you speak about 'gut' health some time ago and you mentioned the Ski Proactive as well as a simple herbal remedy - what was the herbal remedy please.
Thanks JoanJoan Carter Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 2:21 PM
This morning, 7th June, you talked about a tablet obtained from doctor that helps with sleeping at night. Could you please give me the name again, as I missed that part.
Thanking youCarol Muir Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 11:56 AM